From: Garnet and Julie <gjtg-at-sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: Stabilized gun?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:12:20 -0600

Gyros are used in rc flying...I have a chopper with one in..the way it could work with a gun stabilizer is to have a very fast gyro with a digital fast servo..otherwise the gun would be bouncing up and down because the servo may not be able to keep up with the motion,,also the gyro would have to be mounted on the gun on its side..and the servo would raise and lower the gun from the signals from the gyro..moving the gun up and down would be controlled by the stick sending a signal to the servo which overrides the gyro signal to move it up and down,,the gyro used must be what is called a heading hold gyro,,this keeps the tail of the helicopter pointing in direction no matter what is going on with the rest of the chopper...   this works in a rc helicopter but is theory for the tank application..hope this helps out...I was thinking of trying this myself....Garnet