From: "Tholander" <fredrik.tholander-at-telia.com>
Subject: Track info
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:21:09 +0100

As a response to Frank Pitellis interesting article about how to build tracks, I can add that the tracks used on my M1A1 was purchased from a guy in the Netherlands. I purchased it some years ago and if I rember correctly I paid approx 200US$ for a totalof 180 track link, 180 centre connectors and 360 outer connectors plus some plastic for use as pads. They was pre-drilled and all that was needed to do was to cut proper axles and assemble the whole thing. This tracks was originally designed by this man which I believe was member of some model armour club in the Netherlands and was intended for modern armour such as Leopard, Challengers and similar.

My friend recently purchased what appear to be the last set available and if I understood it correctly the parts was made from soft tooling, meaning they could only produce a limited amount of parts before the tooling was finished.

If somebody is interrested I can contact him and check whether or not he still has some other track parts available for sale, but I prefer not to list his name here without his permission.

From what it seems, they look and feel very durabel, and I understand that they Dutch has been using a numberof similar sets with good results.

Best regards

fredrik