From: "Tholander" <fredrik.tholander-at-telia.com>
Subject: SV: Attn: Joe Sommer
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:32:11 +0100

Hi Matt!

As you probably already heard of, the drill motors works great. Yesterday we testdrove my friends M1A1 1:8 chassi and it uses 2 cordless drills, 18V with high/low gears. The performance was pretty impressive. Max speed is on flat road is estimated to be approx 4.5-5m/sek when using High gear.

Slopes poses no problems and when some of the minor problems been sorted out I think these tanks tanks will be great fun!

We shoot some movie clips with a digital camera showing some of the action and I’ll try to get those published soon a long with some more in depth building info.

For information we also recorded the peak amps which was recorded to a max aprox 42A while driving fast in terrain. Despite this the more normal power consumption seems to be fairly moderate as we got approx 15min running time out of a 2,2A cell(we use the ones that came with the drills for R&D)

Cheers

Fredrik