From: "Mike McCabe" <Mmccabe-at-fluids.ittind.com>
Subject: Re: Misc. Notes
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:18:23 -0600

If you look at some hopper designs, they have a special dipin the middle to precent jams.
I would cut the top off of a standard hopper and see how low I could get it and still hold 40 balls without spilling on some varied terrain.
Mike

>>> ray.schwartz-at-juno.com 01/08/03 11:35PM >>>

how about some kind of set up that uses a spring to push the balls down a
tube ? enough pressure to move the balls but not enough to bust them .
or a tray that has a dip in the middle so the paint balls just go to the
center from gravity .

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/matrix_warp/index.shtml

> Has anyone tried to fabricate something like this?
>
> As Mike had said there are products that agitate the ball in the
> hopper . But
> these still rely on gravity feed. The purpose of these revy type
> feeders is
> to keep your marker fed with paint and prevent dry fires as the
> cycle rate
> reaches the 5-22+ balls per second range. Something we probably
> don't want to
> do with only 40 balls per loading.
>
>  Another question. Has anyone tried to use the C02 pressure to gas
> feed the
> magazine? I guess it could only be done with a closed bolt type
> marker or a
> home made breach. Most lower end markers (mine included) are an open
> bolt
> design that probably wouldn't work well for this application.
>
> Brian T.
> T007

"they that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety"
benjamin franklin,historical review of pennsylvania ,1759

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com