From: ray schwartz <ray.schwartz-at-juno.com>
Subject: Re: drive motors
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 10:53:21 -0600

great article thanks frank , i think growing the how to section will help
the hobbie grow in the long run for sure.
ray schwartz
louisiana

On Sat, 04 Jan 2003 23:15:28 -0500 Frank Pittelli <frank-at-pittelli.com>
writes:
> Steve Rosadini wrote:
> > Are you guys using the switches from the drill to mechanically
> change
> > direction/turn with a servo? Isn't there a better electronic way
> of
> > doing it? I think the web site should have a how to section that
> lists
> > some methods of how people are setting up their
> drivetrains/controls.
> >

> OK, you've shamed me into finally doing something that I've been
> talking
> about doing for the past couple of months ... you've succeeded where
> my
> wife cannot ;-)
>
> I've dug up a how-to article on speed controls from my warship
> combat
> web site and have revised it for modern times and techniques. See:
>
>       http://www.rctankcombat.com/articles/speed-control
>
> for a reasonable introduction to the world of home-made speed
> controls.
>   There are admittedly lots more design alternatives and discussions
> be had, but at least this is a start.
>
> Since we are currently in the process of building some speed
> controls
> for various vehicles in the shop, I'll be able to post some pictures
> and
> details about their construction in a couple of weeks.  We should
> also
> be able to post a how-to article on track systems in the next few
> weeks
> as the various track systems are completed and tested.
>
> If anyone has additional information, diagrams or techniques then
> please
> post a message accordingly and I'll roll it into the article.
>
>       Frank P.

"they that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety"
benjamin franklin,historical review of pennsylvania ,1759

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com