From: "Alan Oster" <b_52-at-msn.com>
Subject: Re: Tank Kits
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:09:58 -0400

Steve,
Basic upper hull in fiberglass preferably (much cheaper) with turret. Lower hull milled w/tracks and running gear w/suspension (car shocks) The more parts incorporated off the shelf the cheaper and repairable it will be. I didnt get a chance to see your work and have not started one yet but I thought an amateur's perspective might be worth consideration. 1/6th scale would be great and would draw more attention. Speaking for myself I would pay 2-300 for a good quality basic hull and over 500 for one with tracks and suspension. A hardware kit would be great-gearbox, turret ring gear w/pinion/mounts, pivoting gun mantle, battery mount, high velocity main gun w/magazine, telescoping camera targeting system w/ laser rangefinder :)

Alan Oster