From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-pittelli.com>
Subject: Re: 1/6 Stuarts
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 11:50:48 -0500 (EST)

> Several people in the BAT have made an RC conversion of this kit.  There at
> least four that run around regularly at events.  They are neat, but the
> tracks tend to slip off when the get warm.  If the person who is doing the
> conversion would like any information I can give you the guys to contact.  I
> think that one is even trying to develop a better way to keep the tracks on.

Excellent input.  We were wondering about the reliability of the rubber
treads, but the only way to find out was to convert it and try.  I'm
sure everyone would love to hear from people who have already solved
some of the problems and we can exchange ideas on how best to proceed.
Please pass our name along to them and hopefully they'll join the
mailing list and we can discuss some designs.

Along those lines, has anyone retrofitted one of the plastic models with
Dave Spring's tracks and drive cogs?  That would reduce the overall
weight (and cost) of the vehicle, while providing a reliable drive
system. And with the addition of one of our 40cal cannons (hopefully),
we'll be battle-ready in no time.

        Frank P.