From: Frank Pittelli <frank-at-pittelli.com>
Subject: Firing System
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:06:52 -0500 (EST)

> I understand, Is there any diagrams of the paint ball firing system?

The paintball "firing system" is a standard paintball gun, with the
handle and trigger guard shut off to fit in the turret.  When it comes
to a semi-automatic, robust firing system, even the inexpensive guns are
better than any we could scratch build.  We've talked about getting one
of the really cheap ($39) single-action guns and seeing if the
re-cocking can be done easily with a servo.  They won't fire as fast as
a semi-automatic, but they'll be less expensive (although there are tons
of used semi-automatic guns for sale less than $100, thanks to the
paintball game world)

The magazines are custom built and will be refined over time. Currently
Will uses a flat tray mounted directly over the gun.  I use an alumnium
tube mounted on the inside of the turret, with a homemade flexible coil
(thanks to Will's suggestion) that makes a connection to the gun.

You can see internal pictures of my setup at:

        http://www.rctankcombat.com/order-of-battle/tanks/T001/

and I'll post internal shots of Will's tank sometime this weekend after
he visits the shop on Friday.

        Frank P.