From: "ralph coles" <ralphster30-at-hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TRAX
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 21:32:43

Art
I believe the track is the toughest part.I want something strong and cheap.I
know that tracks can be had for around 100 bucks USD.I don't know how it is
made or of what material.I am using a disassembled chain and pieces or thick
rubber and 2 1/4 nails.The parts are cheap but the labour is tough.
I have wooden molds that i am using to make the box shape of the tank
hulls.This way they are a plug and mold all in one.The boats are not the
same thing however and are more labour intensive.It will be an experimental
job as i try different motor/battery combinations and tension/suspension
techniques.
Ralph